Ability Smart offers diagnostic assessments for employees in the workplace who are suspected to have dyslexia, dyspraxia, AD(H)D, dyscalculia or other neurological differences.
A psychologist or assessor will conduct an assessment using various assessment techniques to determine whether the employee has a specific learning difficulty, or neurological condition. The psychologist/assessor will then provide a written report that is recognised by work establishments and identify any recommendations to be put in place.
In order to provide a thorough diagnostic and advisory service, Ability Smart provides a comprehensive range of services. These include:
- Pre-assessment Questionnaire - to gain a detailed understanding of the employee's difficulties, their medical and educational history;
- Cognitive Functioning Assessment - to gain an overview of the employee's abilities including short term visual memory, short term auditory memory, verbal comprehension, and perceptual organisation;
- Reading, Writing and Spelling Analysis - to assess the employee's literacy attainment and identify any specific problem areas;
- Assessment of Mathematical Skills - to identify specific areas of under-performance;
- Visual Perception & Motor Co-ordination Assessment - to assess the extent to which the employee can integrate their visual and motor abilities.
For the employee in the workplace, the following additional services are offered:
- Workplace Needs Assessment - to determine how the employee's difficulties affect them at work and to recommend strategies to address these issues;
- Adult Learner's Profile - a service offered in conjunction with a Workplace Needs Assessment for employees who have previously undergone a diagnostic assessment. This will also support in identifying their preferred learning style.
Find out More!
Contact Ability Smart to enquire about these services by clicking here.